Alton Brown's recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/lentil-soup-recipe/index.html
Amazing flavor!!! I couldn't find grains of paradise, so I used pink peppercorn.
Next time, I may try adding andouille sausage!
Ingredients:
- Olive oil (about 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 c. finely chopped onion
- 1/2 c. finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 c. finely chopped celery
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 lb. lentils, picked and rinsed
- 1 c. peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 2 quarts chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground grains of paradise
Directions:
- Place the olive oil into a large 6-quart dutch oven and set over medium heat.
- Once hot, add onion, carrot, celery, and salt. Sweat until the onions are translucent (approx. 6-7 mins.)
- Add lentils, tomatoes, broth, coriander, cumin, and grains of paradise. Stir to combine.
- Increase the heat to high and bring just to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook at a low simmer until the lentils are tender (approx. 35-40 mins.)
- If wanted, use a stick blender to puree to preferred consistency.
- Serve immediately with bread

No comments:
Post a Comment