We went to a friend's house just before Christmas and he had a pizza buffet with French bread as the crust. We loved it so much I decided to make it at home for dinner one night! I made the sauce from scratch using a can of tomato sauce and small can of tomato paste. Then I added chopped onion and garlic, salt, pepper, honey, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, and "pizza seasoning" from my spices (has oregano, marjoram, and other spices). I let it cook down for about 10 minutes on low. Then, I cut the french bread, added the sauce to the top, and put our favorite toppings on it (pineapple, ham, mozzarella cheese, red pepper flakes, bell pepper chunks, cilantro, etc.). I baked it on a cookie sheet at 350-375 degrees F for about 10-15 minutes (until the cheese melts, the toppings are warm, and there is a golden brown to the bread and cheese). SO GOOD! And, it makes really good leftovers (Yay cold pizza!).

No comments:
Post a Comment