Saturday, January 12, 2013

Thai Chicken Pasta


This is the best stuff ever!  It is a weight watchers recipe and boy is it good!
I double the recipe, because it makes great leftovers!

Ingredients:
  • 1 c. PACE Picante sauce (I use mild)
  • 1/4 c. chunky peanut butter
  • 2 Tbsp. honey
  • 2 Tbsp. orange juice (When I haven't had orange juice, I've use the juice of 1 clementine, little bit of lemon juice and peach/strawberry juice)
  • 1 tsp. soy sauce
  • 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
  • 6 ounces dry fettuccine
  • 3 chicken breasts (boned and skinned)
  • 1/4 c. bell pepper chunks
  • 1/2 Tbsp. cilantro (fresh is best, but dry will do)

Directions:
  1. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces, then brown in pan with olive oil, onion, garlic, and season to taste.
  2. Cook pasta.
  3. Combine ingredients for sauce.
  4. Add bell peppers to chicken.  Then drain juices.
  5. Combine all.
  6. Garnish with chopped peanuts and cilantro when serving.  Serve with bread or salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment